Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My name is April, and I am a blogaholic

So, I admit: I am addicted to blogging. Not just my own, but to reading others. Prior to having my own, my experience to blogs was limited to reading my pastor's, and giving my friend Christion a hard time about his (sorry about that, Christion - Fuzzboard is WAY cool!). But since I have started my own (and I realize I am bit behind the times getting on the blogging bandwagon), I have realized there is a bunch of really interesting blogs out there. For example, there is an entire ex-pat blogging community here in Buenos Aires, and some of them are semi-celebrities, and they all know each other. I sort of want to be a part of their group. But, my favorite blog is written by these really cool twentysomething-year olds, Claire and Lara, that are traveling around the world and blogging about it their experiences. I have spent hours when I should have been doing lots of other things, like posting on my own blog or sleeping, reading their archives. I am pretty sure that if they met me I would be their new best friend. Check out their blog at TrippingOnWords. But be forewarned: reading it may give you the desire to quit your present job, get a website, and hop on the next plane to Africa.

3 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's help out there April!
Thanks for the shout out! I'm digging your blog too... I'm glad you got into the blogging thing so we get to hear all the cool stories and see pictures of what you're up to down there. It won't be long and you'll be back, but don't worry because Devon and Charity think of you as a semi-celebrity anyways. What's going to happen to this site when you come back?

 
At December 08, 2006 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, sorry to be the one to break this to you, but you didn't make the awards this year:
http://2006.weblogawards.org/2006/12/best_latino_caribbean_or_south_american_blog.php

but i didn't either- oh well!

 
At December 09, 2006 5:44 AM, Blogger aprilmae said...

Dev and Charity think of me as a semi-celebrity? That's sort of sweet! Not exactly sure what will happen to this blog when I return, but I have some ideas. Maybe a Mixed Up Files of the Shell Shack blog, capturing all the kooky adventures and dastardly deeds of the new El Portal Pad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home