Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mi Casa

I love where I live in Buenos Aires! I don't think that I could have gotten a better place. I live in Palermo, the largest barrio in the city with a population of 240,000. Palermo is then divided into smaller sub-barrios, and I live in my favorite area in all of Buenos Aires - Palermo Viejo, so called because it is the "old" part of Palermo (duh!). Palermo Viejo is further divided into Palermo Soho, because it is becoming a very trendy locale with lots of botiques and posh restaurants, which is the part of Palermo Viejo I live in, and Palermo Hollywood, due to the media businesses that are based there. I love Palermo Viejo because every other street is cobbled, there are no skyscraper apartments but only old houses that have been restored, and it doesn't feel like you are in a city of 12 million when you walk around the neighborhood. My apartment itself is great because it has a garden, which is pretty much unheard of in the city, plus a terrace, a washing machine, and I have a huge room with Internet. I share with a cool Argentine art student named Loli and her cat Nina. My building from the outside.


The open living room and kitchen. The stairs go to Loli's office/studio.
The jardin. The open door is to my bedroom, and the spiral stairs go to the terrace above my room.
My bedroom! My bed is tiny, though, and sags in the middle like a cot.



Me on the terrace! Can't you just imagine all the great parties the Shell Shackers would have here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home