Monday, October 30, 2006

My Next Job

I decided that if I ever decide to just give it all up and get out of the States for a simpler life, I will come back to Buenos Aires and become a paseoperros, or professional dog walker. I am fascinated by these guys because not only do they seem to have the perfect job - low stress, get paid to exersize, work with animals - but they are almost like canine Jedis - they have the ability to walk and control a montón of dogs of all sizes simultaneously. It has become my new favorite game as I walk around the city to count how many dogs they have each time I see one. So far the highest count is 11, but I just read a newspaper article on one and he normally walks 21 dogs at a time! It also helps to explain the copious amounts of caca that pedestrians must constantly be on the alert for - when you are walking that many dogs you can't exactly be bothered to stop your momentum and clean up after your charges. Another interesting fact is that in Argentina's struggling economy, dog walkers make more than many college-educated professionals, including veteriniarians. So, I figure that in a city of 12 million with an usually large kinship with dogs, there is always the need for one more paseoperrosPosted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At October 31, 2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!!! I am in my anatomy lab avoiding studying and i laughed out loud when I saw this picture and read your comments. I definately would be a dog walker- if I didn't have to pick up the caca of course!-Kristal

 
At October 31, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger aprilmae said...

Kristal, I knew out of all my friends you would probably be the only one who could really relate!

 
At October 31, 2006 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the Dog Whisperer: Caesar runs with a pack and sometimes has them on a leash pulling him while he is on roller blades.

Grndma YouKnowWho

 
At November 18, 2006 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, that ceaser! that vato es loco!

 
At November 20, 2006 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know what your degree is worth. Get some plastic gloves........na forget the gloves, you're an aggie major. You'll be the two legged blonde pooper scooper from the US.

 
At November 21, 2006 6:45 AM, Blogger aprilmae said...

Who is Ceaser? I don't remember hearing about any Dog Whisperer! But I am a little out of touch. And anonymous - I might be an aggie, but unless it's horse manure or dried cow pie, I still want the gloves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home